Job ID: 2014367
Location: LAS CRUCES, NM, United States
Date Posted: Sep 2, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Electrical Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking an Electrical Engineer to support our mission in Aurora, CO.
The ideal candidate will act as a subject matter expert (SME) and advisor to leadership and peers on critical infrastructure assets/components related to Facility Power Production, Backup Systems and Medium/Low Distribution systems. The candidate will provide overall technical management, coordination and oversight of facility design, construction and maintenance projects. The candidate will provide required knowledge of modern power generation technology and up-to-date distribution equipment and methodologies as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ability to assist in project planning, specification writing, and design validation.
• Experience related to low and medium voltage power distribution design in commercial and industrial facilities.
• Experience with SKM modeling/management of power coordination studies, maintaining and using power monitoring technologies, obtaining PUE reporting, and medium voltage switching technologies.
• Plan, monitor, coordinate and execute complex engineering tasks including the technical and quality targets of multimillion dollar projects.
• Provide site leadership with strategic power requirements related to site growth in effort to meet future multi-year planning.
• Develop and manage an electrical engineering project plans, design reviews and design approvals including RFI's and submittals.
• Develop status reports and modify plans or schedules, as necessary, to ensure contract parameters are met.
• Supervise, plan and actively participate in the Factory Acceptance Test and Integrated Factory Acceptance Test with customers.
• Understanding of Critical Infrastructure and ability to assess reliability based on reviewing historical data, reports, or interviewing technical/non-technical personnel familiar with such assets or components (i.e. power generators, utility production and distribution, chilled water plants, electrical distribution components, data centers, etc)
• Ability to estimate and produce a rough order of magnitude (ROM) cost estimates for facility project planning and programming.
Qualifications• B.S. in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability