Overview: The Software Asset Management (SAM) Analyst will support SAM processes for a government customer. This position will require the development and implementation of policies, processes, and actions that identify, track, and provide overall software license management to support the customer’s software assets across the enterprise. It also requires education and/or experience in software program management via licensing to include enterprise agreements, quantity-based purchasing, and license quantity/cost reduction. The SAM Analyst will need to be familiar with agile and waterfall methodology to implement an automated tool for the customer to more accurately inventory, install, purchase, and update software in a repeatable process.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalence in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or Engineering.
- 5 years job experience
- Engage with stakeholders and build consensus on project success criteria.
- Work with Team Lead to ensure timely prioritization of project commitments.
- Create and maintain status reporting via Power Point/ Excel / customer Specific Tools.
- Provide technical and administrative assistance to assure the assets, products and services purchased and installed conform to service level agreements, contract specifications, agreed upon schedule and the expected level of quantity and quality.
- Support to the Government Software team.
- Provide support services ranging from user assistance, software installs, purchase assistance, renewals, removals, entitlement and proof of purchase tracking, network scan reconciliation, download assistance, procurement package documentation.
- Coordinate oversight of software asset inventory and reporting needs.
- Assist with the review, process, and tracking of all software licensing, and maintenance requests from initial submission to delivery.
- Collect and maintain accurate Software Licensing information in repositories to address budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contracts, cost and internal and external audit queries
- Implement SAM solution tools, processes and procedures to automate the collection, storage and reporting of key software data so that the products can be managed across the enterprise in an effective manner.
- Continuously assesses tool capabilities for software discover, inventory, and meter software use for key vendor products.
- Provide analysis of the software data that can be used to drive key business decisions.
- Track and ensure notice periods are met for changes and cancellations. Identify savings opportunities.
- Respond to requests from Software Owners, end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complete understanding of software lifecycle management
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving skills, including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information.
- Knowledge of Software Asset Management principals / practices
- Understanding of Asset Management tools and technologies
- Strong Excel and PDF skills
- Knowledge of product use rights for publishers such as VMware, Microsoft, Oracle, Adobe, etc.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong cross-functional team skills
- Ability to multitask
- Understanding of Waterfall and Agile Project Management methodologies
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.