SAIC is hiring a Software Engineer to join our team in support of NIMH.
As part of our Agile team, you will be
involved throughout the software development life cycle, including: system
architecture, design, software coding, as well as participating in business and
requirements analysis. You will be expected to efficiently and reliably build,
implement and deliver quality software. You will also be expected to attend
meetings, conference calls and communicate with customers via email, when
needed. You will also work closely with the Quality Assurance team during
development and Customer Support team to troubleshoot any customer issues.
Knowledge and Expertise:
- Develop/implement/maintain program code in Java.
- Prepare all documentation required, including program documentation, test scripts, analysis documentation and business communication.
- Develop software and prepare documentation within the NIMH Agile System Development Lifecycle methodology.
- Maintain software quality assurance through the use of Jira or similar contractor supplied tool for tracking software requirements and testing.
- Troubleshoot design and software implementation problems.
- Identify risks associated with the development of new software efforts, including extension systems, the analysis and classification of those risks as to severity and likelihood and the identification of techniques to mitigate the risks.
- Assist in collecting, developing and analyzing software requirements through the use of facilitated user sessions.
- Develop, maintain and support Java Web legacy applications.
- Provide Graphic design for application user interface.
- Develop, document and adhere to effective and appropriate configuration management practices.
- Develop and deploy electronic forms and workflow products via .Net based BP Logix business process automation tool.
- Manage and administrate LifeRay Portal product.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years
or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD four (4) years related experience. May accept a high school education and 4+ years of
experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have prior software
- Must be able to help support
multiple aspects of the software development process
- Must have at least 5+ years of
experience in a Software Developer, Software Engineer, or related role.
- Must be able to use HTML5,
- Must have experience with or
the ability to use SOAP and REST
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability