SAIC is hiring for a Principal Systems Engineer to join our team in El Segundo, CA
This role provides launch management and integration support to Government mission managers in all phases of planning and execution of satellite-to-launch vehicle integration for Government. Responsibilities include program plan development and maintenance, mission unique requirements identification, monitoring and verification, ECP incorporation to include change definition, technical evaluation, and launch operations planning and execution.
- Provides specialized technical support to assigned programs and projects in compliance with AF and NRO Corporate policies- liaison for EELV policy and future launch architectures.
- Perform technical assessments and evaluation of launch and SV integration requirements based on engineering analysis and review of systems.
- Lead and support independent program assessments and technical assessments.
- Identify desired enhancements and assess viability from a programmatic, business and acquisition execution perspective.
- Support LV & SV contractor reviews to assess progress, issues and meeting mission requirements traceability.
- Support new entrant and other AF and OSL program initiatives.
- Facilitate launch collaboration activities between NASA, AF and NRO. Building coalitions among PSO, PEO, AQS, EA4SS, AFSPC SMC, AF Comptroller, OSD, NRO, DNI, NASA, OMB, NSC, and congress to resolve program issues.
- Reviews and provides technical evaluations to key mission contractual documentation.
- Performs requirements planning tasks including technical evaluations.
- Prepares contractor statement of works (SOWs) and technical evaluation of contractor proposals.
Required Education and Experience:
Working knowledge of AF and NRO/OSL launch policy and procedures. (Required)
General understanding of launch vehicle production processes and practices, launch site preparations flow and day- of launch procedures. (Required)
Skilled at facilitating objective review of issues and leading team through issue resolution process. (Required)
Ability to formulate defensible recommendations for customer on complex programmatic/technical issues in a fast-paced dynamic environment. (Required)
Must communicate effectively with senior management as well as employees at all levels; strong writing skills required. (Required)
10+ years experience mandatory. (Required)
Bachelors of Science Degree mandatory; Masters Degree in Engineering desired. (Desired)
Applicants must have an active TS/SCI clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability