Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
SAIC has a need for a Mid–Level Aviation Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering support to the Aviation Mission Common Server (AMCS) System Integration and Management team in Huntsville, AL.
The AMCS System is a software modernization of the current Improved Data Modem (IDM) 401 System that is planned to align the AMCS with Modular Open Systems Approaches (MOSA), Common Operating Environment (COE), and Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) guidelines. The AMCS platform will host the IDM Software Application (ISA) and other avionics applications.
- Provide strong System Engineering skills and experience to the AMCS team.
- Writing and reviewing system-level requirements.
- Collaborate with the software and test teams to create requirements
- Utilize DOORS for requirement traceability & to help make improvements on past models
- Applying foundational model-based systems engineering practices- looking for candidates who have a passion and interest in growing their MBSE skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree and 2+ years experience; Masters degree and 0+ years of experience; four (4) years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Successful candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance; prefer active clearances.
Desired Skills / Working Knowledge
- Working knowledge of the Future Airborne Capabilities Environment (FACE) technical standard.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approaches and processes. Prior experience with SysML notations and methods is not required, but willingness to learn and embrace new methodologies is expected.
- Experience with Magic Draw / Cameo.
- Systems Engineering Certification by INCOSE (ASEP, CSEP, or ESEP).
- Experience with non-functional requirements (constraints or “-ilities”) in general, and the U.S Army Aviation’s Comprehensive Architecture Strategy (CAS) in particular.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability