Job Description: SAIC is looking for Systems Engineers for various openings with the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) in Patuxent River, MD.
Discover why SAIC is right for you:
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets.
We are integrators, collaborators, and problem solvers. From imagining the best the future can be to envisioning new paths to get there, SAIC sees the world differently.
Our purpose is to advance the power of technology and innovation to serve and protect our world.
At SAIC we value career advancement opportunities, a flexible and caring work environment, and work that contributes to some of the world's most innovative projects.
We’re a company that fosters a culture of engagement, collaboration, and achievement. The solutions we deliver to our customers come from the ideas and creativity of our people, no matter who they are or where they come from. Because we believe that is how we achieve success for ourselves and those we serve.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, or related scientific discipline.
- 2 years of relevant engineering experience.
Desired Technical Skills: We are looking for experience in any of these key areas:
- Working with composite materials and aircraft maintenance
- Developing or editing a Composite Repair Manual (CRM)
- Weapon systems integration
- Development and maintenance of Weapon Systems development
- Supporting the Requirements Development process
- General engineering and administrative support of IPTs.
- Development of Systems Engineering Documentation to include: Acquisition Plans, POA&Ms, PMP, TEMPs, SEMPs, SOWs, MNS, ORD, ICD, CCD, and CPD.
- Supporting foreign military sales (FMS) or engineering leadership
- Providing direct support and technical recommendations to FMS Class Desk
- Participating in Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR), and Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) processes.
Clearance Requirement: US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience operating in a NAVAIR Program Office environment is highly desired.
- Experience with NAVAIR weapon systems integration is desired.
- Experience with NAVAIR engineering processes and documentation is desired.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability