Perform mission preparation and integration of launch activities, initialization and early on-orbit network operations readiness for end-to-end performance during critical early orbit operations; as well as perform AFSCN mission operations concept of operations development and maintenance. Specific tasks include:
-Transition new on-orbit programs and future ground systems to applicable National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) Operations Squadron (NOPS) work centers
- Transition Service Level Agreements from requirements to operations, leveraging NOPS Architecture and Program Integration Support
- Interact with NOPS Operations and Launch Support (NOALS—O&M contractor for NOPS) Chief Architect and other stakeholders to evolve NOPS architecture to meet emerging customers’ needs
- Interact with Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) and United States Space Force (USSF) stakeholders to convey requirements and establish capability to support future AFSCN advanced capabilities from NOPS
- Perform architecture analyses and risk assessments; make recommendations on improvement or mitigation options
- Assess new capabilities for technical performance, security, and cost suitability; make recommendations for implementation
- Develop and vet requirements to drive material solutions; track procurement and project status
- Engage stakeholders across NRO Enterprise and mission partners to formulate implementation strategies
- Prepare briefings, memoranda, agreements and other documentation for NRO leadership decision making
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Clearance required to start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, math, or comparable technical experience.
10+ years experience and must possess familiarity and a working knowledge of the Air Force Satellite Control Network. Applicant must possess excellent written and communication skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability