- SAIC is seeking a National Security Policy/Legislative Analyst to perform studies and analyses and provide knowledge management support on-site in the Pentagon.
- The candidate will support the Office of the Chief Management Officer (OCMO), Directorate for Organizational Policy and and Decision Support (OP&DS) in the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) with a portfolio of major Departmental activities to include assisting with tracking, supporting, and/or assessing strategic documents, senior leader decision making bodies, implementation of organizational adjustments, and institutionalization of management reform initiatives.
The candidate’s duties will include interacting and building relationships with various DoD Components to gather information on status of strategic initiatives; compiling and analyzing data; authoring of technical papers; support to briefings and task development; and preparing reports for senior leadership.
Monitoring actions of Congressional committees, including the authorizations and appropriations committees, related to OCMO interests.
Assisting with preparing briefing material for senior leadership on congressional matters.
Conducting research and analyzing mission-related issues.
Preparation of briefings on findings of significance (favorable or unfavorable) related to legislative initiatives/proposals.
Managing and establishing procedures and controls for the receipt, handling, tracking, cataloging, classifying, suspense, and retrieval of OCMO congressional actions.
The ability to utilize, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and fora.
The ability to rapidly synthesize complex information.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
position requires 2-4 years experience with the Department of Defense and/or
Congress and fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to
conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and
the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
must have in-depth familiarity with Service- and/or OSD-level strategy, policy,
or resource allocation processes as a result of previous government and/or
private sector assignments.
in analyzing the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Executive (PPBE) process,
congressional authorization and appropriations legislation, and development of
DoD Policy Directives.
written and oral communication skills required together with proficient
research and analytical skills.
must be committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working
at the client site.
with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and
common office software applications.
and training in the application of various knowledge management and
collaborative tools including the use of MS SharePoint.
- Current DoD interim SECRET clearance or higher
- Ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills as well as to lead both individuals and teams.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.