SAIC has an opportunity for a Ground System
Engineer to work on an exciting, fast-paced program. This position
provides subject matter expertise to customers in ground system design,
architecture development, cloud application development, and system testing.
This position will provide analytic insight to system design and performance
issues and recommend mitigation approaches, to include: hardware
solutions, software solutions, and modification of operating procedures.
The successful applicant will work to provide technical solutions to a wide
range of complex and technically challenging work.
- Perform technical analyses, document, and present
- Provide technical insight
across the system, including aspects of mission planning, command and
control, and data processing
evolving system architectures, analyze requirements flow down, propose
verification methodologies, and help refine CONOPS
proposed system changes, especially those that happen late in the
development cycle, and make recommendations on path forward
development contractor’s documents and procedures, requirements flow
down, verification methodologies, calibration plans, Concept of
Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and test plans to
ensure program success
and develop measures of effectiveness, improvements to system
environments, and creation of new procedures to support all facets of
testing and operations
as a reviewer in working groups, engineering review boards, design
reviews, test readiness reviews, operational readiness reviews, etc.
- Review program for high risk areas and recommend
with SETA team members, development contractors, and customer forums
communicate and interface with engineers from various contractors and
government organizations; prepare and present briefings to customer
on technical topics when requested
user outreach and research new system operation techniques to solve hard
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Contract Dictates Personnel must have Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- 5+ years of related engineering experience in operational systems
- Ability to identify system impacts and pitfalls associated with operational systems to include: mission planning and scheduling systems, command, control and communications systems, and data processing systems
- Program lifecycle experience from concept development and design to deployment and operational maintenance
- Experience in operational readiness, rehearsals, and system testing
- Experience across multiple engineering disciplines to include: systems engineering, software development, and integration and test
- Experience with requirements development, interface control documentation, technical specification review, architecture and CONOPS development
- Experience in mission operations environment – ops tempo, performance characterization, utility analysis, system calibrations
- Experience with mission integration, data processing, external interface management, and system operations.
Polished communicator, technical topics readily understood by all stakeholders. Strong documentation skills, a superior technical writer
- Familiarity with commercial database management and virtualization software such as Oracle and VMware
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, MS Project
STEM Master’s degree
Experience with agile development methodologies, Model Based Systems Engineering
Experience in operational environments
Familiarity with AWS or C2S DevOps
Industry certifications (e.g. PMP, CSEP, AWS, etc.)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability