SAIC is seeking a Welder-Fitter to perform various production welding operations using GMAW-Pulse welding processes on high-hard armored steel. This role is in Hanahan, SC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:·
- Ensures welding processes, procedural instructions, evaluations, inspection processes, etc. are held to customer and code requirements of all fabrication performed.
- Weld structural assemblies using GMAW-Pulse process during fabrication and installation sequence of vehicle construction.
- Fabricate, weld, and assemble steel and aluminum tooling and fixtures with the use of common metal shop tools/equipment such as band saws, plasma and gas torch cutters, lathes, drill presses, etc.
- Read, interpret, comprehend and comply with work instruction, process sheets, diagrams, sketches and blueprints to determine operations, required materials and timeframes for projects.
- Set up, operate and maintain welding equipment.
- Understand and implement personal and company safety measures by wearing specialized goggles, helmets, and gloves.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, fit up, and welding operations of structures.
- Able to effectively utilize fixtures, jigs, and clamps, as provided for effective positioning and holding of parts to be welded.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles, and tacks weld parts.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Communication skills are essential to work with team members.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma/ GED and two to five years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with the Ground Combat Vehicle Welding Code
- Must have the ability to prepare acceptable weld test coupons using GMAW-Pulse welding process, with high-hard armor steel plate, in the flat, horizontal, vertical, and overheard welding positions
- Minimum two years knowledge of fabrication within the steel industry
- Familiarity with ISO 9001
- Must understand GD&T
- Ability to read blue prints, tape measures, calipers, micrometers, weld gauges
Ability to travel out of state up to 10% as required
Physical Demands include ability to maneuver up to 200 lbs. independently and safely lift 50 lbs. without assistance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability