Job ID: 2014137
Location: NEWPORT, RI, United States
Date Posted: Oct 22, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Submarine Network Engineer who has experience with the Common Submarine Radio Room (CSRR) to provide support to a Naval Undersea Warfare Center Newport contract. Related systems include CANES, ADNS and other systems, applications associated with the function and maintenance of the CSRR.
Candidate will interface and direct US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining US Navy Afloat networks and the associated network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
Candidates will strive to provide top-notch support with a focus on prompt repairs to improve the overall uptime of networks.
Candidate will at times be required to:
- Make suggestions with regard to potential network design changes, analyze complex network issues, plan for corrective actions, and modify existing network configurations to determine root cause analysis.
- Analyze and troubleshoot capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling and conduct testing of network systems.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Have an experienced understanding and wide application of associated technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
Required Education and Experience:
- HS/GED and six (6) years or more experience; Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience
- Common Submarine Radio Room (CSRR) experience
- Active Secret Clearance with ability to upgrade to Top Secret
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.