Job ID: 2014101
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2020
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is looking for a talented Communications and Change Management Specialist. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly creative and evolving team during an exciting organization transformation. We are upgrading our tools to the most modern in the market, and we are engaging with our employees in more meaningful and effective ways.
Primary areas of responsibility include creating compelling content in support of organization transformation initiatives, organizational change, engagement initiatives, new technologies, retention strategies, and more, reaching SAIC employees in multiple offices, and client sites.
The environment at SAIC is fast-paced and dynamic. In this role, you will have the ability to become a trusted advisor to all areas of the organization, with a focus on transformation and change management programs. And you will be working with a cutting-edge team that regularly tries to extend the limits of what is possible.
This position reports to the Director of Enterprise Internal Communications and Change Management.
This role can be remote with some required time in the SAIC corporate office.
The successful candidate will:
Partner with stakeholders across the organization to create and implement change management plans that maximize employee adoption of the desired change. These plans would include strategies around stakeholder assessments, leadership alignment, change readiness, end-user training and communications.
Research, write, and create internal employee communications that deliver against SAIC’s goals of engaging, inspiring and empowering employees and managers. This includes developing communications strategies, creating and posting content on internal web sites, developing and designing creative communications deliverables, writing emails to be disseminated company-wide, producing videos, creating presentations and toolkits, and writing articles.
Partner and work closely with SAIC’s Corporate Communications team to create and implement communications strategies and plans to effectively engage employees on and offsite to raise awareness of change initiatives, programs, and policies. The goal of this position is to enhance the employee experience by driving and increasing employee knowledge and engagement through compelling, effective, and targeted communications.
· Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience.
· Experience leading and implementing change initiatives related to business processes and technologies.
· Demonstrated ability with conducting stakeholder assessments to inform the resources, communications and training strategies needed for a change initiative.
· Must have strong written and verbal communications skills and proven track record in various writing styles; a solid command of grammar, style, proofreading and editing techniques a must.
· Aptitude for translating complex topics and issues into simple, understandable and visual messages.
· Experience in designing, developing, and coordinating email “marketing” campaigns.
· Candidates must demonstrate the ability to think critically to resolve problems with creative and effective solutions, and also demonstrate initiative and innovation in their work and prove to be results-oriented.
· Must be able to develop and maintain relationships within the organization to become a trusted advisor.
· Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
· Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, or other design software is preferred.
· Experience working as government consultant, a plus.
· Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
· Must be able to work independently.
· Must have high standards and be committed to delivering high quality communications.
· Comfortable with a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Must be able to demonstrate speed, flexibility, adaptability and ability to work under pressure.
· Writing samples must be provided by all candidates who are selected to interview for this position.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability