Job ID: 2013930
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
We are currently seeking an experienced Cloud Network/System Engineer with experience across multiple cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google) and configurations to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
As a Cloud Network/System Engineer you will integrate the SAIC Cloud Management Portal (CMP) and Cloud Infrastructure Solutions with customer’s IT infrastructure such as Network Segmentation, Network Security, Network Routing, DNS services, Directory Services, Virtualization Platform, and Content Management environment, among others.
You will review Data Center and associated Networks, oversee the installation of networking for cloud based solutions (for leading public and Government cloud providers like AWS, Azure, and Google), in addition to helping maintain and troubleshoot the existing cloud network solution.
You will be working under the direction of the Project Manager, and a Lead Cloud Application Architect, and closely with Federal Agency IT and Networking personnel and stakeholders; this position requires excellent technical, customer service, communication, and organizational skills to support network operations for customer connections, administrative personnel, and staff. This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments.
This is a full time position, some travel may be required, preferably located in the Washington DC area. May be required to assist with other proposals and delivery efforts for other customers.
SCOPE: Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
IMPACT: Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
LIASON: Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline with at least 14 years of experience or equivalent
· Cloud Architecture, Network and Infrastructure Design Skills in either AWS (preferable), Azure (preferable) or Google Cloud
· Experience in Designing, Deploying and Supporting Cloud Management Platforms
· Client Relationship and Consulting skills for driving and leading discussions, leading requirements sessions, experience in producing deliverable documents.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Master’s Degree
· 3+ years of Professional Cloud Experience working in large scale networking environments
· AWS Certifications (Associate Level – Architect or Developer OR Professional Level – Architect or Developer) OR Microsoft Azure 300-level Certifications
· Cisco Certified Network Associate, Cisco Certified Network Professional, Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert, CompTIA Network+ highly desirable
· ITIL Foundations; ITIL Intermediate Certifications desirable
· Experience with Morpheus Cloud Management Platform is highly desirable
· Systems administration experience with Unix or Windows
· Scripting/Programming experience in Java, Perl, Bash/Shell etc.
· Extensive knowledge and experience with network technologies, including integration and deployment methodologies, operations and support, and troubleshooting and restoration
· Experience with Networking and Server Technologies such as VMWARE, CISCO, etc
· Proficiency in utilizing Wide Area Networks (WAN) from major carriers to connect datacenters with Cloud Service Providers (CSP)
· Experience using comprehensive network monitoring and event correlation tools; incident and problem management; and proactive capacity management
· Extensive experience with meeting Federal network security compliance requirements
· Experience configuring and software-based (IPsec & SSL) VPN solutions such as: Openswan, Libreswan, Strongswan, Quagga, pfSence, Vyatta and/or Window
· Experience configuring and hardware VPN devices such as: Cisco, Juniper, SonicWall, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto and Yamaha
· Experience with network operating systems such as CISCO IOS and Junos
· Experience with Internet Routing Protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, ISIS and/or QSPF etc.
· Proficiency in network integration and network administration (DNS, BGP, Load Balancing)
· Experience with hardware and/or software Load Balancers in a large data center environment
· Experience working with teams to achieve high client/user satisfaction levels
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Requires a Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.