Join SAIC’s team in assisting the Federal Health agencies, such as Veteran Affairs (VA), Defense Health Agency (DHA), and Federal Drug Administration (FDA), implement an integrated systems program. SAIC is supporting health systems and facilities to deliver a single modernized technology platform. The team will transition existing systems, and implement proposed applications while maintaining the IT services supporting a large number of health services personnel. This is a contingent position located in the National Capital Region of Washington DC.
The Chief Architect demonstrates prior progressive career experience successfully leading a team of IT Architects, engineers and administrators for a large IT enterprise contract. The CA provides IT solutions, architecture, and roadmap expertise to translate an enterprise's strategy into a future enterprise infrastructure and a transition plan (i.e. roadmap) to achieve that future state. The successful candidate has a broad experience and deep understanding of IT technologies as well as engineering management processes, cost estimating, business acumen, project management, and all aspects of ITSM.
Typical responsibilities can include:
- Leads the successful technical startup and transition, including establishing the engineering team.
- Works closely with the Program Manager and PMO to provide services and projects that adhere to quality, schedule and budget.
- Works closely with the customer Program Office and other customer leadership at the most senior levels regarding IT strategy, contractual requirements and service delivery.
- Serves as the technical lead on large, complex projects and providing technical advice/input that impact successful contract execution across the enterprise solution.
- Uses multi-disciplinary techniques, such as: business process decomposition and redesign, information engineering, organizational redesign, change management, IT strategy and architecture, and performance measurement, to assist in enterprise business transformation and implementation.
- Owns the architecture, solution portfolio, and transformation roadmap artifacts for the enterprise and manages changes to them.
- Leads teams and interacts at a variety of points within the enterprise's governance process to assist in implementation of the transition plan and technical solutions, to include organizational strategy development, capital planning and investment control, portfolio and project management, systems development, and operations.
- Designs, develops, and maintains current and future views and data describing the enterprise architecture and enterprise IT service delivery strategies.
- Provides analyses of potential changes to the Enterprise Architecture, Solutions, and Roadmap.
- Interacts with senior management concerning matters of significance to the company. Conducts business and technical briefings for senior management and for external representatives.
- Affects Service Delivery by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that lead to successful execution and continuous improvement.
- Resolves highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that affect multiple aspects of the project/program.
- Mentors and coaches other technical staff.
- CONUS/OCONUS travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
- Previous experience in VA, DHA, and/or FDA strongly preferred
- Experience leading complex IT infrastructure consolidation and modernization efforts to achieve standardized, consistent and repeatable processes for delivery of IT services across the a large DoD agency enterprise and optimize use of shared resources
- Knowledge of Health IT technology
- Experience with Service Desk support and operations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience applying the ITIL framework and best practices
- Capable of presenting complicated concepts and course of action to Government leadership
- Experience managing performance-based contracts
- Must have Secret clearance.
- Must be US Citizen
- Bachelors and twelve (12) years or more experience; Masters and ten (10) years or more experience; PhD or JD and seven (7) years or more experience.
- PMP Certification preferred
- AWS, Azure, and/or ServiceNow certification preferred
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification required
- ITIL Continued Service Improvement Certification preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability