Join SAIC’s team in assisting the Federal Health agencies, such as Veteran Affairs (VA), Defense Health Agency (DHA), and Federal Drug Administration (FDA), implement an integrated systems program. SAIC is supporting health systems and facilities to deliver a single modernized technology platform. The team will transition existing systems, and implement proposed applications while maintaining the IT services supporting a large number of health services personnel. This is a contingent position located in the San Antonio Texas.
The Program Manager will lead support to the Government Program Management Office (PMO) in the management of the portfolio of IT projects and programs within the Integrated Environment, including all IT projects. Program Manager will manage teams of personnel conducting Solution Request Management, Service Portfolio Management, and Project Management. Additionally it provides oversight for On-Going Programs activity, deliverables and milestones.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Managing the portfolio of projects and programs within Enterprise IT, including the Integrated Service Providers and designated Customer projects, to include planning, schedule management, cost management, quality management, risk management and the execution of their programs, projects, or initiatives.
- Communicating with Customer on activities in the Enterprise IT environment including cross-project resource contention and dependencies.
- Align with and account for the standards and processes of the Government Project Management Office, accounting for the required reviews and approvals of these processes.
- Direct the project activities within the Project Management practice, including providing project and program management support for cross-service provider projects.
- Provide analysis of project elements across different projects and report to Government, Governance and Customers on variances in projected costs and timelines.
- Provide forecasting for project resource utilization in support of Demand Management, Service Portfolio Management, and Workforce Management.
- Manage the enterprise toolset for Project Portfolio Management which provides a common and standard view of all IT projects in the Enterprise IT Environment, for the use of federal agency, Customers, Integrated Service Providers, and other vendors.
- Integrate reviews and approvals required from the Government for the management of the life cycle of services.
- Work with prospective new Service Providers to plan, develop, and onboard new services to be part of the Integrated Services.
- Implement and manage the practice for Project Management across the Integrated Service Providers, as approved by the Government.
- CONUS/OCONUS travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
- Previous experience in VA, DHA, and/or FDA strongly preferred
- Experience managing a PMO for an Enterprise IT environment including Integrated Service Providers
- Proven organizational skills, including the ability to plan effectively, work under pressure and balance competing priorities whilst meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to be able to identify any action emerging issues and address as needed
- Experience of working in a continuous improvement culture, carrying out review processes and can demonstrate ability to use techniques to improve performance
- Experience in executing the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) framework including best practices such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Proven leader in IT Project Management implementation and delivery
- Familiarity with MSI and SIAM operations
- Familiarity with IT Service Management toolsets such as ServiceNow and Remedy
- Must have Public Trust clearance.
Bachelors and eight (8) years or more of related experience; Masters and six (6) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- ITIL V3 required
- ITIL v4 Managing Professional Certification or ability to obtain within first six months required
- PMP certification required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability