Join SAIC’s team in assisting the Federal Health agencies, such as Veteran Affairs (VA), Defense Health Agency (DHA), and Federal Drug Administration (FDA), implement an integrated systems program. SAIC is supporting health systems and facilities to deliver a single modernized technology platform. The team will transition existing systems, and implement proposed applications while maintaining the IT services supporting a large number of health services personnel. This is a contingent position located in the National Capital Region of Washington DC.
The Chief Operations Manager has oversite of all 24x7x365 operations for delivery of Contractor Services, including Event, Incident, Problem, Change, and Service Request. Including the use of Service Management System (SMS) and compliance with the SMM.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Support the organizational change initiatives required to transition the customers’ operations to a MSI/SIAM business model
- Directly support the Program Manager and Deputy to ensure that all SIAM programmatic level responsibilities (e. g., staffing, programmatic deliverables, monthly reporting, ad hoc requests, etc.)
- Oversee the Service Management Practices including Incident, Problem, Change, Event, Request, and management of service desk and network operations.
- Optimize the overall operation of services, service providers, and processes to create and increase value for the customer
- Support the CSI program through identification and implementation of opportunities to improve service performance
- Provide an effective means of using industry recognized methods to determine, measure and monitor enterprise IT services, Service Desk staffing levels, requirements and allocations
- Engage with the customer at the enterprise architecture level to strategically align the demand for new technical capabilities and the services provided
- Manage and integrate activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensure technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
- Ensure that any proposed hardware or software meets DoD IT security requirements.
- Manage large size program staff that includes subcontractors or suppliers and task or project leads.
- Establish and manage relationships with customer subject matter experts and appropriate customer management, with an objective of maintaining and building the business
- Oversee service desk activities, touch labor support, and other operational duties as requested by the customer.
- CONUS/OCONUS travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
- Previous experience in VA, DHA, and/or FDA strongly preferred
- Proven leader in large scale IT Operations implementation and delivery
- Familiarity with MSI and SIAM operations
- Proven experience in managing enterprise level global service desk and network operations as well as infrastructure service transitions
- Familiarity with IT Service Management toolsets such as ServiceNow and Remedy
- Experience leading large teams in a matrixed management structure
- Experience with managing a tiered support structure to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs) supporting service delivery and support.
- Skilled at working collaboratively in a complex environment and driving performance achievement and improvements
- Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities
- Understanding of DOD program and risk management practices
- Ability to communicate across communities with exceptional written and oral communications skills, including executive-level presentations
- Leadership experience with diverse, multi-domain, distributed teams and multiple simultaneous projects
- Must have Secret clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more experience; Masters and six (6) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- ITIL v3 certification required
- ITIL v4 Managing Professional Certified or ability to obtain within first six months required
- PMP certification preferred
- AWS, Azure, MCSE and/or ServiceNow certification strongly preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability