We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented a Service Desk Supervisor to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
- May be involved in customer installation and training.
- Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Generally interacts directly with the customer/user when the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature, such as with systems level software where the user has a technical background.
- Additionally, may interact with product support personnel and potentially the customer when the customer's problem cannot be resolved directly by first-level resources.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT:
- Directly supervises individual contributors (skilled technicians, administrative support) and/or entry level professionals (accountants, entry-level engineers)
- Administers and executes policies, processes, and procedures that affect subordinate employees and the workflow of the work unit. Leads daily operations of work unit.
- Assignments are task or activity oriented.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall quality and efficiency.
- Decisions impact work unit operations. Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to achieve results might cause delays in schedules and require the allocation of more people and financial resources.
- Interacts internally primarily with subordinates and other supervisors.
- External interactions is typically with suppliers, vendors and/or customers. Primary purpose of liaison is information sharing and basic problem resolution.
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
Must have an interim Secret DoD Clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Secret DoD Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability