Job ID: 2013837
Location: PENSACOLA, FL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
DescriptionSAIC has a Senior System Administrator position supporting our Naval Education and Training (NETC) government customer as the Learning Assessment System (LAS) technical leader within our Unclassified and Classified IT systems in Pensacola, FL. The successful candidate will provide oversight, direction, and leadership necessary for the day-to-day and continuous administration, monitoring, and compliance of unclassified and classified network(s), systems, and services in accordance with customer-defined frameworks. As a subject matter expert in the Operational Status and needs of the systems/networks/services the Systems Administrator will be expected to provide regular updates (written and in-person), effectively partner with management and stakeholders to plan and execute on operational needs and opportunities, provide feedback for features and enhancements, and avoid future technical debt.
The candidate will creatively leverage standard operational metrics (performance and availability monitoring, ITIL process effectiveness) in conjunction with the rigors of providing highly compliant, highly available systems and continuous monitoring will result in opportunities to engage with SME’s, partners, and stakeholders to overcome challenges, drive innovation, optimize service delivery and achieve extraordinary results.
Specific job duties include:
- Responsible for continuous “assessment-ready” state of IT Infrastructure & Operations of assigned/designated networks including promoting a Compliance & Administration Community of Practice.
- Leads in the collection, analysis, and directs corrective actions based on monitoring, incidents, performance/reliability, and compliance-based measurements of LAS.
- Leads efforts to resulting in coordination and successful execution of activities through all corporate interfaces (Security, ITO Directorates) and lifecycles (e.g. new or updated software, maintenance, changes in policies or procedures, integration of existing hardware/software) affecting classified networks (or services deployed in classified spaces).
- Maintaining awareness of current and forthcoming Security, Regulatory, and Corporate policies/compliance requirements to effectively interpret, prioritize, and lead change management in support of those operationalizing those controls, and supporting repositories.
Diverse technical experience e.g. formerly System or Network Administrator, Engineering; encompassing everything from cabling and building infrastructure to Network hardware and services, hardware/software, Linux, Windows Server/Workstation Operating systems, and virtualization technologies in Classified environments.
- Experience implementing and maintaining systems governed under Risk Management Framework.
- Enthusiasm for data; tracking, organizing and interpreting process and operational metrics and developing key risk & performance indicators, particularly to satisfy compliance assessments/performance and improve execution & human performance.
- Exceptional communication skills including written and verbal in-person communication, ability to successfully develop and deliver ideas, data, and concepts to teammates, stakeholders and/or leadership, and willingness to collaborate constructively.
- Ability to effectively manage ITIL-based service management for Operations (Change/Problem Management, Request-driven workflows, Configuration Management) as well as complimentary management functions (e.g. Vulnerability Management, Software/Hardware Discovery).
- Demonstrated history of optimizing organizations/processes preferred.
- Active Secret Clearance with potential for Top Secret upgrade
- DoD 8570 CSWF IAT Level II or higher (one of the following: Security+ CE, CySA+, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH)
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience or Masters and 3 years related experience. 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Some Moodle or Salesforce experience would be helpful, but not required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability