Job ID: 2013776
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 3, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Bus Solutions Eng
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is currently seeking a motivated IT Operations Manager to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career in Washington, DC.
This contract position manages a geographically dispersed team that supports the Office of the Inspector General at a large agency of the United States government. The team operates within the agency’s Office of Information Technology. The teams operate within the agency’s Office of Information Technology. The IT Operations and Maintenance manager oversees and directs the day-to-day infrastructure operations and maintenance activities, ensuring that systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely. The IT O&M manager leads a team that implements and maintains networks, servers, and end user devices. The team also monitors system stability and performance. The IT Operations manager will provide guidance and leadership to the operations and maintenance technicians, and directly support end users and customers by handling Tier 3 escalations, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues. The successful candidate will have full accountability for the operation and maintenance of the entire IT infrastructure.
• Monitor IT Servers and Systems: Monitor the status of the agency’s servers, networks, and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues. The IT Operations manager assesses system data and error logs, along with user reports, to determine areas for improvement or repair. In this aspect of the role, the IT Operations manager may also determine when systems or servers are due for upgrades.
• Direct IT Administrators and Technicians: Direct the activities of IT technicians, both to directly support customers and to assist with IT department upgrades and directives. The IT Operations manager oversees the work of the Tier 3 lead who assesses current Tier 3 help desk inquiries and assigns personnel to resolve each issue. Manage and oversee business hours, after hours and weekend technical activities as needed. Provide mentorship and guidance to infrastructure platform Team Leads and technicians.
• Develop Policies and Procedures: Develop operations and maintenance policies and procedures to ensure that the team operates effectively and reliably. Assist program manager in developing service level agreements (SLAs), reports and presentations. Oversee and assist in development of guides for users and technicians, such as Knowledgebase Articles (KBAs), Work Instructions and Design documents.
• Resolve Service Escalations and Major Incident Management: Provide direct customer support by handling service desk and platform team escalations. If IT technicians are unable to successfully resolve a user’s issue, the IT Operations manager will assess the situation and devise a solution to the problem, which could include equipment replacement or repair. Provide effective management of Major Incident investigation, escalation and resolution, providing oversight and guidance of troubleshooting activities, customer communications and efficient service restoration.
• Oversee Upgrades and Installations: Provide operational support of IT maintenance and administrative activities during systems upgrades, enhancements, and installations. Introduce new methods to streamline the upgrade process, monitor the systems to ensure that it remains stable and usable, and maintain data security through the migration process.
• Bachelors of Science (B.S.) degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience. Or four (4) additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 12+ years of experience in IT service delivery, including servers, network devices, firewalls, databases, and enterprise applications and systems.
• 5+ years of experience in leading a team of 20 or more to effectively manage IT personnel and operations & maintenance priorities.
• Experience in process enhancement, developing and implementing policies and procedures for the Operations team based on ITIL and PMP principals.
• Must have experience managing operations team performance using Service Level Agreements (SLA).
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly desired.
• ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation Certification.
• Higher-level ITIL certifications such as Service Operation and Service Transition.
• Working familiarity with security controls implementation, , and the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
• Direct "hands on" technical experience in one or more technical platforms, i.e., Microsoft Windows/Active Directory, Cisco Network, Oracle Solaris/Red Hat Linux, etc.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure, Teams, and Office 365.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze, identify and direct resolution of technical, administrative and process issues.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communicators, able to communicate with team members, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability