Job ID: 2013774
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Solutions Delivery
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is currently seeking a motivated Service Desk Manager to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career in Washington, DC.
This contract position manages a geographically dispersed team that supports the Office of the Inspector General at a large agency of the United States government. The team operates within the agency’s Office of Information Technology. The Service Desk Manager oversees and directs the day-to-day service desk operations, coaching team members in understanding how to address various types of questions from users who are experiencing difficulties. The primary responsibility is customer service and fostering a customer focused approach within the team. The Service Desk Manager is responsible for staffing the service desk, for developing staff skills, and for motivating team members to deliver high quality and consistent support services. The manager must also be knowledgeable about service desk tools and software, and must be committed to delivering service improvement. The Service Desk Manager will provide guidance and leadership to the Tier 1 call center and Tier 2 end user support technicians, and directly support end users and customers by handling Tier 2 escalations, and monitoring the performance of service desk agents and quickly resolve ongoing issues. The successful candidate will have full accountability for the operation and maintenance of the service desk team.
• Manage daily operation of the service desk:
• Direct the activities of Tier 1 Call Center Agents and Tier 2 End User Support Technicians to directly support customers. The Service Desk Manager oversees the work of the Tier 1 lead, who oversees the operation of the call center staff, and the Tier 2 lead, who oversees end user support, asset management, and HSPD-12 services.
• Assess current Tier 1 and 2 help desk inquiries and monitor the assignment of personnel to resolve each issue. Provide mentorship and guidance to Team Leads and technicians.
• Monitor performance metrics (ASA, FCR, MTTR, etc.) and user satisfaction levels.
• Monitor issue resolution and liaise with stakeholders to ensure awareness of potential issues.
• Improve techniques and practices for managing client queries, troubleshooting and problem resolution and prioritization.
• Manage the support process and be accountable for ensuring the operation meets contractual service levels.
• Develop customer support policies, procedures and standards.
• Ensure rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of customer support services
• Monitor solutions outcomes and customer satisfaction.
• Ensure that stakeholders concerns or complaints are addressed.
• Manage the Asset Management program:
• Ensure that asset management processes and procedures are clear and complete.
• Ensure that the Service Desk team is trained on and correctly implements all elements of the program.
• Ensuring that asset status changes are properly documented in the relevant systems.
• Ensure that lost or stolen assets are correctly reported and accounted for.
• Oversee the annual inventory and ensure that it is completed on time.
• User enrollment
• User activation and deactivation
• PIV/Badge printing and activation
• Develop Policies and Procedures:
• Develop service desk policies and procedures to ensure that the team operates effectively and reliably.
• Assist program manager in developing service level agreements (SLAs), reports, and presentations.
• Oversee and assist in development of guides for users and technicians, such as Knowledgebase Articles (KBAs), Work Instructions and Design documents.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related technical field and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more of related experience. Four (4) additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 12+ years of experience in IT service desk management and related systems.
• 5+ years of experience in leading a team of 20 or more, effectively managing IT call center and end user support personnel and service desk operations.
• Experience in process enhancement, developing and implementing policies and procedures for the Service Desk team based on ITIL principals.
• Must have experience managing team performance using Service Level Agreements (SLA)
• ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation Certification.
• Higher-level ITIL certifications such as Service Operation.
• Direct "hands on" technical experience in one or more technical platforms, i.e. Ivanti, ServiceNow, etc.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze, identify and direct resolution of technical, administrative and process issues.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communicators, able to communicate with team members, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability