SAIC is seeking a Senior Program Analyst, this position provides Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) support to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Research and Development Directorate, within the RE Operations Department (RD-OP). A&AS duties will primarily reside within the Integration Division, Engagement Support Office.
- The A&AS team augments the DTRA RD government to provide situational awareness over Combatant Command (CCMD) issues. The A&AS team coordinates with other DTRA Directorates, DTRA LNOs, or as appropriate, with Action Officer counterparts at the Combatant commands to coordinate upcoming engagements and/or maintain general situational awareness. The A&AS focuses on becoming the resident subject matter expert for research and development S&T issues with the combatant commands; both individual CCMDs issues and collective CCMD issues.
- Coordinates with DTRA OI on JCIDs related issues (FCB Meetings/JCB Meetings/JROC Meetings) to ensure situational awareness over the status of CCMD “Needs” being addressed.
- Assists in assessments/crosswalk of CCMD “needs” versus DTRA programs in order to provide recommendations on redundancy/overlaps/gaps.
- Develops proposed responses for government leads in response CCMD taskers
- Supports CCMD capability assessments (requirements vs. gaps) in support of OSD’s CWMD COI in support of the DTRA J9 Chief Scientist. This effort includes coordination and interface across DTRA and with all external CWMD Stakeholders.
- Develops talking points and attends CCMD SVTS (Bi-Monthly DTRA LNO/Regional Working Group/CCMD related meetings)
- Coordinates logistics to support Senior Leader/Government lead engagements
- Must have recognized experience working with combatant command staffs
- Proficient at Senior Level Engagement (SES/FO/GO)
- Senior Level Staff Assignment (OSD/Joint Staff/CCMD Staff/ Component /DTRA) with experience engaging combat commands on CWMD Issues
- Proficient knowledge of the DoD JCIDS/Acquisition Requirements process
- Experience dealing with requirements documents
- Knowledgeable of the JS J8 Joint Requirements Office (JRO)
- Knowledgeable of J2/5/8R or STRATCOM requirements support capabilities
- Must have a general understanding of DoD S&T Processes and Programs
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience either as a DoD member or direct contract support to the DoD
- Must have served as a supervisor
- Must have collaborative “people” skills
- Clearance: Top Secret (Preferably with ability to gain SCI Access)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years of experience
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledgeable/Proficient/Advanced)
- Extensive experience with DTRA S&T programs
- Have previously served on one or more CCMD Staffs
- Proficient PowerPoint skills and experience in developing Senior Leadership Level Briefings
- Proficient ability to address issues in working group settings or present on behalf of government lead
- Proficient ability to research problems and find solutions/answers
- Commissioned Military Officer experience desired, but not required
- Education: Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in science or engineering
- Service Schools: Joint Service trained
- Acquisition Training/Certification: DAU level 1 or better, and/or PMP
- Clearance: Top Secret (with current SCI access is preferred)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability