SAIC is looking to fill a position for a software engineer with experience developing web applications using Java Enterprise Edition. The responsibilities include:
- Designing, implementing, testing, and supporting web applications that enable the customer to perform its responsibilities.
- Design, implement, and test all layers of the software – databases, business logic, web services, and front end
- Willingness to learn and support improving and expanding automated test capabilities using technologies such as JUnit, Cypress, Selenium, and Protractor
- Develop applications and provide operational support for them
- Provide operations and maintenance support to fix defects and implement new business capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or relevant discipline, or 5 years of software engineering experience OR 9 years or more of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent (within the last year) experience with software development using Java
- Experience with software development of web applications using Spring Boot
- Experience with automated testing tools such as JUnit, Cypress, or Protractor
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance (not required to start). Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Existing DOE Q or L security clearance
- A passion for learning new software engineering skills and business domains
- Experience with any of the following:
- PrimeNG component library for Angular
- Spring Data JPA using Hibernate
- Automated UI testing using tools such as Cypress (preferred), Selenium, or Protractor
- Automated Java testing using JUnit
- HashiCorp Consul/Vault
- Apache Artemis ActiveMQ
- Kubernetes with Docker containers
- MongoDB non-relational database
- Java Server Faces and/or PrimeFaces
- Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Kafka, or RabbitMQ
- Apache Struts
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
- Experience working on Agile teams, especially using Scrum or Kanban
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.