Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in Aurora and Colorado Springs, CO, who assist the US Air Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and Environmental Monitoring (EM). These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure safe passage.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has ongoing needs for Systems Engineers with experience in space and ground systems development and integration and systems testing and evaluation. We are looking for innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals to support the strategic planning and tactical execution of the next generation MW space and ground systems, focused on the development of requirements, interfaces, architecture, integration plans, test products, and transition to operations in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center’s (SMC) MW and EM mission areas.
Areas of responsibility may include:
- Developing architecture, operations concept, requirements, and interface control products and documentation in support of space vehicle and ground systems under development.
- Leveraging model-based systems engineering (MBSE) approaches and tools to conduct engineering and integration activities
- Supporting performance trade studies at the constellation or system of systems level, incorporating inputs from space and ground
- Ensuring effective integration of space, ground, operations, and sustainment activities and products; hardware and software, and all other aspects of systems and organizations across the SMC Enterprise
- Planning system test and evaluation events, in collaboration with development contractors and government mission partners and stakeholders
- Ensuring the MW space and ground systems architecture and design of the customer’s systems are functional and meet or exceed system requirements.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, members of the U.S. Air Force, and external mission stakeholders
Active DoD Top Secret SCI clearance.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Math, Science or Engineering. *Relevant experience to be evaluated and considered lieu of formal education.
Demonstrated experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD, NSA, or NRO programs.
Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player, comfortable with matrixed organizations and leading through influence across multiple organizations.
Strong interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational and interpersonal skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability