The General Accounting group falls under the umbrella of the Controller organization at SAIC, specifically the Financial Reporting & Operations Accounting group. The Controller organization comprises many functions such as Financial Shared Services, Technical Accounting, and Government Compliance, as well as other Financial Reporting & Operations Accounting functions within SAIC.
The General Accounting organization currently has an opening for an Accounting Associate position within the department. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to general ledger accounting and the monthly close process in Costpoint and to interact with various other areas within and outside of the controller organization, to include the Group Finance teams.
The primary responsibilities for this role are supporting the General Accounting organization by ensuring our general ledger is complete and accurate throughout the monthly and annual close processes.The selected candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of support activities for the organization in an effort to aid in the successful execution of the close and general ledger transactions.
Typical activities include:
· High volume general ledger journal entry transactions related to the periodic close process
· Assisting with the indirect accrual process
· Aid in processing cost/org/account reclasses and adjustments
· Reconciling balance sheet accounts and resolving any discrepancies and inaccuracies identified
· Providing customer service to other functional areas
· Assisting with the maintenance of the organizations outlook mailbox
· Assisting with the service center allocations, variance reports, and planning
- Bachelors Degree, 1-3 years experience in accounting/finance. Experience in Government Contracting and previous exposure to SAIC policies and procedures and experience with Deltek Costpoint highly desirable, but not a requirement for this entry-level position.
- Candidate must be able to multi‐task in a fast-paced environment with moderate supervision, which will require a flexible schedule
- Candidate must have working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability