Job ID: 2013621
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 2, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
The Software Engineer Principal will:
Evaluate application functional requirements and search across the Department of Defense Federal and commercial sectors to determine if existing products can be leveraged to meet the customers’ needs prior to development.
Translate applications requirements into web-based solutions using available technology. Apply new and emerging technologies into the software development process.
When development is deemed necessary, provide the overall guidance and structure needed to create and maintain the entire software effort from both a functional application solution perspective, as well as a project perspective.
Required Certifications/Critical Knowledge Areas: SharePoint SharePoint ; DoD 8570 IAT II certifications
Required Experience: High level of functional competency with IIS web applications
- 5 years of experience debugging and modifying existing legacy applications and developing new custom applications using a variety of programming languages
- 3 years of experience with change management processes and software lifecycle management
- 2 years of experience with automated and manual unit testing for custom software applications
- 2 years of experience scanning applications with application security testing tools such as Fortify
-3 years of experience troubleshooting application
errors and debugging source code.
- 3 years of experience writing documentation to include requirements documents, user manuals, design documents, project plans, architecture diagrams, etc.
- Working knowledge of implementing Application Security and Development Security STIGs and DoD policies in systems/applications
- Working knowledge of reviewing application error logs
- 2 Years of experience using source control tools such as GitHub.
-Working knowledge of deploying and maintaining code in a virtual environment
Secret Clearance Required
Location is Washington DC
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability