Description Job Description:
SAIC is seeking a Contracts Principal to manage contracts/proposals with various Department of Defense Agencies. The position requires knowledge of the government contracts field and will conduct the preparation, negotiation, acceptance, and management of government contracts to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. Duties also include reviewing contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policy, government specifications and requirements, and conformance to master agreements. Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions. Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Duties include proposal preparation; negotiation and administration of various contracts to include Cost Reimbursable (CR), Time and Materials (T&M), Firm Fixed Price (FFP) and multiple Task Order contracts development; preparation, negotiation, and administration of teaming agreements and proprietary information agreements; collection and submission of data for regulatory reporting; and management of OCI Plans. Provide mentorship to contract team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
- Professional certification (CPCM/CFCM) preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in contracts administration
- TS/SCI clearance a plus
- Cost proposal experience is required
- Thorough understanding and wide application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards in contract administration
- Full knowledge of industry practices
- Expert knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing assigned contracts, including FAR, DFAR, TINA and CAS
- Effective administrative and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability