Position Description: SAIC is currently looking for a Records Management Function Expert/SME in Washington, DC to support the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program, Information Assurance Service Line. This Records Management SME position will support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM), Information Assurance (IA) Directorate. The Subject Matter Expert will be responsible for providing IRM/IA with records management support to implement the provisions of the Managing Government Records Directive and overall Department-wide compliance with the Federal Records Act, statutory requirements, National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) Directives and Department of State Policies. The candidate will also serve as the liaison between the IRM/Government Task Manager (GTM) and the VG221 Service Line Lead to ensure program compliance.
Description of Duties:
The Records Management SME is responsible for:
- Working with the ISO team integrating records management into business systems and processes to ensure compliance with NARA and the DoS Records Management Program.
- Increasing Records Management Awareness across IA and the enterprise.
- Reducing Non-Compliance and Risk in Records Management.
- Assisting the customer to meet OMB Memorandum M-19-21 Mandates that are established.
- Records management policy, procedures, and standards pursuant to the Federal Records Act and related regulation and guidance.
- Implementation of the Departments Records Disposition Schedules (RDS).
- Assist with inventorying and developing specific File Plans that align with the RDS.
- Records and information management training, communications, briefing and outreach activities.
- Records Management strategic planning and related program management activities of initiating, executing, and controlling.
- Promoting the records management program within the directorate.
- Conducts periodic evaluations and audits of records management activities within the established timeframes and guidance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and 7+ years of related experience.
- Experience in developing and implementing all aspects of a records and information lifecycle program
- Experience in formulating and delivering records and information management training
- Experience in IT and information management systems
- Experience in documenting detail business requirements
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with all levels of management
- Ability to develop or recommend analytic approaches or solutions to problems and situations for which information is incomplete or for which no precedent exists.
- Ability to effectively collaborate via virtual teams.
- Ability to work independently and focus on delivery of products and services on time.
- Ability to focus research efforts to meet the customer’s decision-making needs.
- Must be able to provide an independent assessment of how the IA’s processes are being implemented relative to the defined processes to optimize the current work.
- Must have demonstrated and proven skills in writing documentation (i.e. standard operating procedures, user guides, and similar products) to clearly disseminate relevant information to an enterprise-wide audience to increase user awareness and provide relevant and different types of materials.
- Certified Records Manager designation by the Institute of Certified Records Managers and NARA Certifications are desirable.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability