- Ability to tactfully elicit and summarize customer needs and effectively communicate concise, focused and agreeable solutions
- Ability and experience assessing business objectives, conducting gap analysis of existing versus needed capability, and identifying business requirements.
- Ability to successfully communicate the SAIC portfolio of solutions, and recommend useful, appropriate follow on work to the
- Experience evaluating business requirements to identify potential software, hardware, and system architectures can be employed to meet business objectives.
- Experience developing potential technical solutions to meet business needs and support analysis of alternatives for best fit.
- Experience evaluating technical trends and provide recommendations for technology and architecture to meet business objectives.
- Establish, develop, document and implement data strategies and data governance
- Strong qualifications with Data Management, Data Governance, Data Engineering, Data Architecture and Data Science
- Development of project specific analytics in short timelines
- Conduct data manipulation and modeling as well as use predicative analytic methods
- Coordinate analytic projects and “dashboard” results for on-going efforts
- Effectively communicate between developers and end users
- Create a repository/library/app store of analytic capabilities and data sets with assorted metadata
DATA MODELING DETAILS: Designs shared information environments involving models or concepts of information. Develops data models for optimal performance in databases. Designs data structures for data interchange. Develops data standards and converts data to controlled vocabularies. Develops metadata structures including dictionaries, taxonomies and ontologies. Develops semantic data and metadata representations. Designs information governance policies to manage risk and usage of data. Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to development of new principles and concepts. Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined goals and objectives, executing on both short and long term customer-facing consulting gigs. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of supervisor. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
IMPACT: Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically results in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect image of organization's technological capability. In addition, successful consulting work will lead to follow on work, and lay the foundation for fully staffed programs.
LIASON: Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
Minimum 10 years of experience related to data science and the manipulation of large data sources.
Analytic, Data Science, Data Engineering, Data Management and/ or Machine Learning certificates
Top Secret Clearance
At least 10 years’ experience working with various analytic tools and recognizing their weaknesses
Demonstrated ability to provide quality assurance checks on products
Demonstrated expertise in the data analytics field, building analytic models and methods, and the skillsets to be able to provide end-to-end technical solution
Develop enterprise wide analytic capabilities that will serve as building blocks for reuse
Experience with a variety of Database technologies: RDBMS, NoSQL, Search, Data Lakes, Time Series, etc.
Experience with cloud environments (AWS, GCP, OpenStack), Linux, automation tools (Ansible) and Container Management Platforms
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability