SAIC is looking to hire a SQL Data Analyst to support a Healthcare client in Rockville, MD.
- Support the analysis of requirements, design
specifications, development, and technical and user documentation of report
development through direct interaction with internal and external customers.
complex SQL scripts, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, and Views.
- Troubleshoot a custom web-based application
based on customer needs and be responsible for rapid responses to customer
requests Perform day to day Tier 3 data analysis, and SQL, TSQL, script
execution (Inserts, Updates, Deletes).
in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule DTS/SSIS Packages.
- Design, implement, and periodically test the
database back-up and recovery procedures. Perform minimal database
administration activities including backup and maintenance of the databases in
data from various data formats into SQL Server databases using automated import
processes (DTS and SSIS packages, etc.).
imports to and extracts from existing SQL databases.
- Work with the development team to coordinate the
creation and management of reporting structures.
- Perform activities to help understand
business objectives, assumptions, and constraints related to a question/problem
where ad-hoc reports can serve as a solution. Support the development,
optimization, and enhancement of the SSRS report.
- Work closely with business analysts and source
data experts to develop data requirements.
- Exceptional knowledge of various tools to troubleshoot issues. SQL Server Profiler, Index Tuning, query executing plans, optimization, statistics, etc.
Required Experience and Education:
- Must have a Bachelors and 3+ years of relevant experience. May accept 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Bachelors in Comp Science or closely related is preferred
- Must have at least 2+ years of hands on SQL experience
- Hands-on experience in reports development with SQL
- Strong Structured Query Language (SQL) skills
in MDX and T-SQL programming language, including stored procedures and user-defined
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem
solving, and organizational skills; attention to detail; and ability to
coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Seek a self-starter who can work effectively as
a member of a team or independently as the assignment requires. Excellent
interpersonal skills and a successful track record of collaboration toward
achieving objectives expected.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex queries,
assess data quality, and develop data mappings.
Excellent customer service focused approach in
working with internal and external customers
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability