Job ID: 2013102
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Mobile Workstation Technician to support a large federal government agency. Employee will perform on-site, at a secure government location Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Occasional off-hour, weekend and holiday support may be required during scheduled and un-scheduled events.
Description of Duties:
• Perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems and mobile workstations.
• Coordinate, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
• Schedule installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
• Continually monitor and tune multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
• Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
• Plan and implement the modernization of mobile workstations.
• Develop, implement and promote standard operating procedures and schedules.
• Conduct hardware and software audits of mobile workstations to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
• Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• Microsoft PowerShell
• Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
• TCP/IP based networking
• Symantec and McAfee anti-virus software
• PKI and TLS/SSL certificates
• IT service life cycle management (design, build, test, deploy)
• Microsoft certifications
• CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+
• ITIL Foundations
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience, or equivalent years of experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability