Senior Database Administrator
Job ID: 2013362
Location: ROCKVILLE, MD, United States
Date Posted: Aug 31, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Database Admin
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
- Manage the development and performance of SQL databases for web applications
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
- Designs, installs, upgrade, monitors, maintains, and conducts performance tuning procedures in a production MS SQL Server database environment while ensuring high levels of data availability.
- Develops, implements and oversees SQL Server database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
- Create, maintain and execute scheduled jobs, data extracts, data refreshes, data loads and data replication.
- Perform data modeling and optimization, preliminary data received from customer designs, data analysis, report writing from existing data using SQL (Structured Query Language) queries, and creation of new records and information updates as needed.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
Required Experience and Education:
- Must have a Bachelors and 5+ years of relevant experience. May accept 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum with 5+ years of technical experience in SQL Server similar Application support or Development environment
- Knowledge and strong experience and understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong experience with SQL Server 2012 and 2016
- Knowledgeable of T-SQL (Indexes, Triggers, Functions, Packages and Procedures)
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Strong Experience in High availability (Always On, cluster environment)
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models
- Strong communication, interpersonal and human relations skills to interact with clients
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability