is seeking an experienced Web Designer to apply extensive knowledge of web
service and browser based technologies to support customer web design
- Create designs for complex client web and mobile applications
utilizing current industry programming techniques.
- Partner with internal and external teams and application users to
conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while
maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
- Participate in design reviews and effectively provide/apply feedback.
- Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and
to optimize existing products.
- Research and implement modern web technologies to create
innovative user interfaces and improve workflow efficiency.
- Develop and share recommendations on industry best practices on
information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of
graphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness and other web best practices.
- Develop estimates on scope and duration of work required for
individuals or team(s) to deliver client requirements.
- Design new user-facing products by transforming an idea from
scientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools.
other browser-based technologies.
- Build efficient, reusable libraries of design information for
- Collaborate with UI/UX team members during design and content
reviews to refine user experiences.
- Apply results of
web usability testing (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or
personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive
walkthroughs) to development of applications and web sites.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience implementing front-end, user experience design and development.
- Demonstrated experience applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a web and/or CMS applications.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing in cloud-based DevOps environment.
- Minimum 1 year experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. JIRA, etc.).
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability