Deterrence Analysts conduct analysis of adversary decision-making and assist in the development of U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) strategic deterrence strategy, plans, and operations; respond to customer tasking as required. This position is on a research and analysis team and supports USSTRATCOM in the following:
- Researches and utilizes intelligence and other classified and unclassified analytic products
- Employs decision and deterrence analysis and planning tools
- Researches new concepts and develops new methodologies for decision and deterrence analysis relating to potential regional and global weapons of mass destruction (WMD), missile, cyber, and space threats
- Researches and provides analytic products on deterrence, deterrence effectiveness assessment, extended deterrence, and allied assurance regarding current and future adversary threats
- Provides analysis regarding various future U.S. military capabilities and their implications for deterrence and assurance
- Supports research, development, execution, and post-event analysis and reporting of deterrence-related war gaming, tabletop exercise, experiment, and seminar activities; and, support real-world and exercise planning and execution as needed
- Collaborates with Combatant Command (CCMD) planners, and experts in the Intelligence Community, Interagency, academia, research institutes, and Allied and Partner nations
Periodic travel may be required.
degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of
experience. Candidates with a Master’s Degree would be considered as
- Active Top
Secret/SCI clearance is required.
ability as an independent analyst or part of an analytic team in leading or
aiding the research and analysis of deterrence and assurance topics in DOD
- Design of
war games or similar group activities.
of comprehensive reports and/or summary papers and briefings articulating
findings and recommendations.
of the role and application of deterrence in support of national security,
foreign policy, and international relations analysis is required.
of deterrence as applied in U.S. military planning analysis is required.
conducting research and analysis in support of policy development, military
operational planning, or military intelligence analysis is preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability