SAIC delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers.
SAIC is seeking a senior DOD Sr. Capture Manager in Reston, VA.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site in Reston, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to the Vice President of Growth for Navy and Marine Corps Information Warfare Operations within the Defense Systems Group (DSG).
- Supports the Navy Information Warfare Enterprise with specific focus on NAVWARCOM, NIWC LANT, NIWC PAC, Program Executive Office (PEO) for Digital (PEO Digital) and PEO Manpower, Logistics and Business Solutions (PEO MLB).
- Responsible for directing and managing Navy Information Warfare Enterprise focused pursuits and assuming primary ownership and accountability for the proposed solution maturation through the Corporate Capture Management Processes to include teaming and price to win strategies for compliant and compelling offers.
- Provide leadership and execution of effective capture plans following established internal gates and using standard tools and processes – with emphasis on win strategies – themes, value propositions, teaming, etc.
- Position requires effective management and leadership of capture teams.
- Communicating resource needs and leveraging resources assigned is critical to the success of every capture manager; collaborating with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
- Coalesce with DSG team members, BD, operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position SAIC for successful pursuits
- Execute Corporate BD CONOPS and implement SAIC growth culture
- Gathers, assesses, and validates customer requirements working closely with BD and Program Managers -- identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
- Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats -- conducts Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Collaborates effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
- Identifies gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
- Conducts and participates in gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
- Leads and negotiates teaming agreements and strategic alliances
- Manages assigned pipeline (portfolio of opportunities) as the opportunity owner
- Drives development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
- Assumes accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability
Required Education and Experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability