Job ID: 2013156
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 26, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Enterprise Architect
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career.
Provides expertise on continuous process improvement strategies, organizational redesign, change management projects, and performance measures for basic business process engagements. Defines and develops business processes, policies, roles and responsibilities, and performance metrics; Conducts analysis of business processes: current state analysis, gap analysis, benchmarking, best practices identification, organizational assessment, and other related tasks. Plans and implements process improvements, including: future state design, change management, and transition planning. Interfaces with all areas of project including customer, computer services, and client services. Client may be internal or external to company. Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality programs, systems, processes and procedures that ensure compliance with policies and that the performance and quality of services conform to established standards and agency guidelines. Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and agency guidelines to assure compliance. Works directly with operating entities to provide process analyses oversight on a continuing basis to enforce requirements and meet guidelines. May coordinate with business and technology teams, ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, and system techniques and controls. Conduct client interviews. May deliver presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement, and control. May perform cost and benefit analysis.
• In this leadership position, you will demonstrate information technology thought leadership to the customer and expertise of Immigration processes. As the Project Manager, you have deep Agile experience across such methodologies as Scrum and Kanban and the ability to define an adaptive model fostering greater collaboration and communication across teams.
• Works closely with Program Management to make sure that the scope and direction for the project is on schedule and on budget.
• Works with product teams, stakeholders, and management to improve performance and outcomes. Provides Agile coaching, facilitation, training, mentoring, impediment management, and leadership in support of collaboration, development consistency, and value delivery. May serve as a Product Owner.
• Builds and maintains strong client relationships. Participate in and lead (when appropriate) client meetings regarding performance to ensure client satisfaction.
• Identify organic opportunities for growth with the client that include innovative services and solutions that satisfy the customer mission while demonstrating beneficial outcomes (such as reduced Total Cost of Ownership, operational efficiency, increased velocity of product delivery, or reduced costs). Promote the company's capabilities to achieve contract extensions and to win additional business within the account.
• Bachelors and (18) years or more experience; Masters and (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and (14) years or more experience.
• US Citizenship Required
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise with Information Technology Systems Integration
• Expert in facilitating and developing Memorandums of Understanding and Interconnectivity Security Agreements between and among federal systems
• Demonstrable experience with federal Law Enforcement agencies
• Works with the Program Manager to facilitate identification and acquisition of resources
• Demonstrable expertise in business and requirements analysis
• Demonstrable experience with solution architecture within federal law enforcement agencies
• Responsible for demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the Immigration customer environments, platforms, and Agile development practices that align with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC). Provides • Subject Matter Expertise with the design, development and quality assurance of the project that delivers business and mission value.
• Experience with facilitating Memorandums of Understanding and Interconnectivity Security Agreements between and among federal agencies.
• Existing Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry on Duty (EOD) a plus, but not required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability