Job ID: 2013155
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Enterprise Architect
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is looking for a Project Manager/Senior Architect/Lead to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career.
Responsible for successful delivery of a project to a customer. Manages and performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex database management systems workstations and servers on multiple operating systems. Serves as a DevSecOps Team Lead and Senior Architect. Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. In this role, you must be able to translate business requirements into technical solutions. You will be leading teams as well as collaborating with the government customer and other vendors. You will apply your expertise on multiple complex work assignments, which are broad in nature, requiring originality, creativity, and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. You will apply your comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments, evaluate performance results and recommend changes as necessary to achieve project success. You will lead the architecture of complex systems and demonstrations related to a broad range of business areas. Your overall responsibilities will include architecting, designing, developing, enhancing, debugging, and implementing software solutions, architectures and infrastructure as code environments and demonstrating strong estimation and planning skills, leading native cloud migrations and operations, and DevSecOps CI/CD delivery in containerized and serverless cloud production environments.
In this role, you will:
• Oversee and organize all architecture and technical activities to meet customer requirements.
• Oversee and plan the Agile and DevSecOps teams’ activities to meet program deliverables and deliver customer business value
• Directs Agile and DevSecOps team personnel
• Serve as the primary customer technical contact
• Perform resource estimation based on a point-based system, track progress and adjust plans based on team velocity and any changes in the product owner’s priorities
• Serve as a leader and mentor to inspire, direct and manage the Agile and DevSecOps teams in support of the customer mission
Bachelors and (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and (12) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and (10) years or more experience.
• Possesses maturing leadership and management skills that require periodic mentoring and feedback from supervisors.
• Contributes to a Business Development plan to protect and expand current program.
• Assists in forming recompete capture strategy.
• Identifies possible investment areas by providing repeatable and differentiated offerings and capabilities used in the current account.
• Shall have at least three (3) years specialized experience in business process analysis and change management.
• Must be expert in Agile and DevSecOps as well as CI/CD pipelines using microservices in cloud production environments (both AWS and Azure).
• Be able to lead and work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential as well as strong customer focus and presence.
• Extensive experience building rich Internet applications on a Java technology stack, using Agile, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD) and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD).
• Demonstrable record successfully leading teams.
• Expertise with Testing Automation, Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI-CD) environments using tools such as Gradle and Jenkins.
• Expertise in event driven architectures, including Kafka, Kinesis or other like tool.
• Expertise in automated security engineering.
• Expertise with Microservices Patterns and best practices.
• Proven skills in Cloud native development
• REST API creation, Angular, NoSQL databases such as Mongo or Dynamo, Java, including frameworks such as Spring and SpringBoot, Amazon Web Services and MS Azure, Docker and other operating-system-level virtualization (containerization) programs, and OpenShift
• Advanced knowledge of Agile practices and governance
• Demonstrable experience with Agile coaching
• Dynamic personality that highlights leadership and ability to adjust when faced with challenges or adversity
• Demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration and continuous delivery, DevOps, Microservices and containers.
• Experience with facilitating Memorandums of Understanding and Interconnectivity Security Agreements between and among federal agencies.
• Law Enforcement experience a plus (but not required)
• Existing Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry on Duty (EOD) a plus, but not required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability