Job ID: 2013144
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is looking for a Mid Level DevSecOps Engineer/Developer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs. Ensures software standards are met. Coordinates, directs and performs complex database software installations and upgrades to operating systems and related database software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple database systems and databases to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures database data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate solutions of varying complexities. Ensures database recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of database backups and archive operations. Plans and implements the modernization of database implementations. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules. Conducts audits of databases to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Incumbent in this job works closely with Systems Admins, database engineers, and software developers to help determine and develop the database software and databases that will be implemented. You will perform data analytics at on-premise data centers and cloud environments, including AWS and Azure.
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
• US Citizenship Required
• Must be expert in Agile and DevSecOps as well as CI/CD pipelines using microservices in cloud production environments (both AWS and Azure).
• Experience building rich Internet applications on a Java technology stack, using Agile, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD) and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD).
• Perform DevSecOps development using Open Source technologies
• Establish data integration between commercial and among federated systems.
• Support enterprise analytics platform to analyze increasingly larger and more complex data sets.
• Identify and correct data quality issues and establish a data governance framework to enforce data standards and improve accuracy using integrated internal and external disparate data sources.
• Develop highly optimized, scalable automatic case matching logic on microservice/container technology.
• Analyze historical and operational data to support informed decisions
• Draw conclusions from data and clearly and concisely articulate key findings in both written and verbal form
• Apply data analytical skills that includes exploratory data analysis
• Develop data visualization products that simplify the presentation of complex metrics
• Derive unknown insights from structured and unstructured data
• Employ data modeling, mining, predictive analytics, pattern recognition, machine learning, and statistics
• Communicate with internal and external clients to understand business needs and provide analytical solutions
• Law Enforcement experience a plus (but not required)
• Existing Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry on Duty (EOD) a plus, but not required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability