SAIC is seeking a software engineer in support of a concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to bring legacy, high priority IT systems up to current and supported operating levels while also addressing critical needs for high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations. This position is 100% remote.
• Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
• Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
• Provides software development support to translate the enterprise's strategy for legacy system upgrade/migration to the desired future state including support of both the development and execution of a transition plan
• Interacts at a variety of points within the customer organization and program governance processes to assist in implementation of the established transition plan
• Supports research and advises on the analysis of alternatives in the determination of upgrade, refactor, or other solution recommendations.
• Ensures a focus on incorporation of high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations
• Conducts test driven development in the delivery of high quality code.
• Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter experts and other architect leads to ensure consistent application of customer mission objectives are met
• Leveraging domain expertise develops comprehensive understanding of customer requirements
• Minimum 2 years of IT experience.
• Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills.
• Experience working in large-scale applications in AWS.
• Experience with Cloud Implementation, AWS Services, GovCloud, FedRAMP, System Integration capability,
• Good understanding of AWS services like S3, ECS, Lambda, SQS and Redshift.
• Experience building applications in Java using Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
• Experience in developing microservices and using docker.
• Good understanding of agile methodologies.
• Experience in building web applications using technologies like React JS or Angular JS.
• Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, and API design for extensibility and portability.
• AWS certifications is a plus.
Location: Flexwork –VA-MD-DC
Clearance: US Citizen and should be able to obtain Public Trust.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.