The position requires knowledge of the State and Local government contracts field and will conduct the preparation, negotiation, acceptance, and management of contracts to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. Duties also include reviewing contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policy, customer specifications and requirements, and conformance to master agreements. Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions. Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Duties include proposal preparation; negotiation and administration of various contracts to include time and materials, firm fixed price and multiple task order contracts development; preparation of teaming agreements and proprietary information agreements; and collection and submission of data for regulatory reporting. Must be a team player, have a strong work ethic and able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment with limited supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline
- Professional Certification (CPCM/CFCM) a plus
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in contracts administration, state and local government contracting experience preferred
- Strong understanding and wide application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards in state and local government contract administration
- Full knowledge of industry practices, including experience in aaS.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners and interact with senior leadership of the Customer Group
- Ability to resolve highly complex issues, develop negotiating strategies and provide creative solutions
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability