Job ID: 2012924
Location: COLLEGE PARK, MD, United States
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is interested in hiring a Backup and Storage Engineer for one of our programs supporting the FDA. SAIC supports the FDA and their scientists in Scientific Computing which includes but is not limited to; technical and research aspects (e.g., hardware, software, desktop support, infrastructure, virtualization all in a laboratory environment) supporting a variety of FDA Centers.
This is a 100% remote / Work from home role.
He/she must be able to support all aspects of the backup and storage infrastructure, which includes to ensure all scientific computing data is backed up and stored to ensure data integrity. The successful candidate will be the subject matter expert and provide proactive management of the backup and storage devices and functions. Foundational experience with engineering, administration, configuration, implementation, and evaluation of products is a must. He/she also should have a foundation in Windows and Linux, network management skills, and the ability to effectively work with other scientific computing engineers and SME’s in project teams and to resolve issues with minimal vendor support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage, monitor and support the EMC Isilon, Pure Flash blade, EMC Unity, Cray Cluster store, and other storage infrastructure.
- Manage, monitor and support Rubrik backup, archive and infrastructure; including DR.
- Manage, monitor and support the Brocade SAN infrastructure.
- Manage administer and monitor health of the backup and storage infrastructure in various datacenters located in various states.
- Coordinate with various engineering, network & security, server Admin, Linux, and HPC teams and support as appropriate.
- Being able to present projects, tasks, and workable solutions to other teams and the customer on an as needed basis.
- Perform extensive evaluations of the existing backup and storage infrastructures on a yearly basis for market research to determine if recommendations or changes would be of potential need.
- Understand all scientific computing resource integration with complex storage technologies.
- Manage Active directory OU and Security group, as appropriate.
- Position requires either an active FDA Public Trust clearance or the ability to obtain prior to start.
- Extensive knowledge with EMC Isilon systems and file system functionality
- Familiarity and functional knowledge of Windows, Linux, NFS, SMB, POSIX, NFTS, One FS, Purity FS, Lustre FS, FC, and some form of scripting
- Familiarity with AWS or other Cloud services
- Familiarity with PureStorage Flash blade solutions
- Familiarity with Brocade director class switches
- Familiarity with Rubrik or other backup systems
- Familiarity with Unity, VNX or other block-based Storage appliance
- Familiarity with an HPC environment and understanding of the architecture therein.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
To be considered for this position, the candidate must meet the qualifications listed below:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Related field and 14+ years’ of related work experience.
- Degree fields include hard science, chemistry, physics, engineering (any), information systems, and computer science.
- 5+ years of experience with relatable backup and storage environments, as well as providing effective support and capacity management oversite.
- 5+ years experience in the following areas:
- Tiered backup solutions
- Enterprise network storage
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability