This position reports to the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting & Policy within the Office of the Corporate Controller.
The Accounting Analyst, Senior will apply accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and reconciliations, and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
The successful candidate will:
• Research US GAAP and review contracts to properly classify and record SAIC transactions
• Ensure complete and accurate calculations, prepare journal entries, and reconcile balances
• Prepare financial reporting schedules and disclosures
• Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of financial processes, procedures, and systems.
This position has the expectation and responsibility to take on other duties, including:
• Actively participate in the financial reporting process;
• Maintain and monitor department compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures;
• Assist with the establishment and revision of company policies; and,
• Other special projects, as assigned.
• A minimum of 3 years of accounting experience, including big 4 public accounting (audit) experience.
• Familiarity with US GAAP and SEC requirements, including revenue and lease accounting standards.
• A strong interest in technical accounting research over a broad range of topics. Able to navigate and interpret relevant
authoritative literature and evaluate and recommend solutions.
• Exceptional communication skills (written and oral) and a demonstrated ability to prepare organized work paper files.
• A proven ability to deliver on commitments and deadlines.
• Unquestioned personal integrity.
• Previous experience with accounting system/application implementation
• Previous experience with lease accounting and lease accounting software
Required Education and Professional Certifications:
• Bachelor's degree (Business Administration or related field)
• Certified public accountant
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability