Job ID: 2012641
Location: STERLING, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
We are looking for a Systems/Software Engineer to join our Land Border Integration team in Sterling, VA to begin an exciting career with SAIC. You will have a fast moving, challenging, and highly rewarding position keeping the infrastructure running that helps Customs and Border Protection keep our borders safe.
The Systems/Software Engineer should have the following experience:
• Proficient in the C# program language and Visual Studio.
• Knowledge and experience with Software design principals to include modern interface standards (API, web services, etc.)
• Proficient in Windows Batch & PowerShell scripting to create automated processes.
• Experience working in a DevOps environment.
• Expert in Windows Operating Systems.
• Expert in deploying/troubleshooting Windows based systems.
• Expert in OS deployments using MECM.
• Knowledge and experience with configuration management.
• Assist in testing, applying and maintaining server configurations and related security patches.
• Experience performing IT hardware repairs and installing replacement parts.
• Experience evaluating system performance results and recommending improvements or optimizations.
• Able to review and perform advanced analysis of system logs
• Some experience with assembly and disassembly of systems a plus
• Familiar with computer systems processors, power supplies, hard drives, network adapters, video processors and memory
• Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high-quality environment.
• Good technical writing, presentation, and documentation skills.
• Must have excellent team skills and collaboration skills.
• Attention to detail and follow-through.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Experience functioning as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
• Bachelor’s plus five years of experience or equivalent
• Must be Clearable (CBP BI Public Trust)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability