The Lead DevOps Engineer will be responsible for working with SAIC’s Information Technology teams to help adopt DevOps standards and best practices in their software development lifecycles. This role will provide technical leadership and help shape the strategic direction of DevOps at SAIC as we continue our journey to be an elite technology company.
The Lead DevOps Engineer will help drive proof of concept activities and be responsible for the production of design documents and other technical documentation to be used by teams to advance DevOps.
A lead-level understanding of DevOps principles, theories, and concepts required to promote end-to-end automation throughout the software development lifecycle. This position will be both hands-on implementation and provide technical leadership to other engineers.
• Work with CICD tools to facilitate faster for software development and infrastructure deployment
• Use version control tools such as Git and Github to support DevOps flows
• Help automate the operational process in a way that can be managed by product teams
• Help teams build enterprise-monitoring and alerting solutions into their applications/solutions
• Help teams leverage PaaS services for their applications and solutions
• Help define enterprise DevOps standards and best practices
• Help developers increase unit-test coverage and execute them in their pipelines
• Help teams leverage Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in their deployment process
• Coach teams adopt shift-left approaches to quality and security
• Guide efforts to incorporate test engineering into the development lifecycle
• Develop solutions that will improve efficiency across the enterprise.
• Maintain quality documentation for enterprise-wide solutions, standards, and best practices
• Train teams to be self-reliant and responsible for their applications from requirements through maintenance.
Position may be open to remote location and telework flexibility.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience or six (6) to eight (8) years of experience related to this job.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experience with public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc…)
• Experience working with ALM tools (Azure DevOps, Jira, etc…)
• Experience working with Pipeline tools (Azure DevOps, Jenkins, etc…)
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in software development in complex systems.
• Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in DevOps concepts, tools, and practices.
• Passionate about DevOps as a paradigm for effective software delivery.
• Knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle.
• Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience working on Agile teams (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc…)
• Teamwork skills
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to interpret data and identify trends.
• Effective organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability