SAIC has an opportunity for a Graphic Designer/User Experience Designer in Lanham, MD! This role offers flexible work from home options. It is currently 100%
telework during the Covid 19 pandemic. However, potential work will be
required at the customer site 2 days per week in Lanham, MD (near New
Carrollton metro station) after the pandemic.
Support graphic design and development, user experience design, and documentation activities related to the development of guidance, training, and communications for a team implementing the coordination, integration, and expansion of Agile software development practices across a government agency.
- Create visual elements (e.g., images, illustrations, diagrams, charts, flows) for use in documents, PowerPoint presentations, briefings, marketing materials, and website content
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Write, edit, proofread, and format a variety of written materials
- Apply critical-thinking skills to convey information in a way that is well-structured and does not confuse the reader
- Work with other team members to obtain an in-depth understanding of the graphics and documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality graphics and documentation that meet applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Meet with authors and other team members to review visual and written materials, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable material
- Champion usability and perform quality control on designs
- Develop/edit visual and written materials using Section 508 Accessibility standards as required
- Use SAIC templates, government templates, or defined templates as required
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree + 6 years of work experience (2+ years of experience in graphic design or user experience design) OR Master's degree + 4 years of work experience (2+ yrs. of experience in graphic design or user experience design)
- Strong graphic design/development skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong understanding of usability best practices
- Graphic design experience with tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently and as a positive contributor and member of a team
- Proficiency in using remote tools/communication
- Technical writing experience
- Marketing-related experience
- Experience using document management software such as SharePoint
- Familiarity with the Agile software development practices
- Knowledge of Section 508 Accessibility standards
- An IRS Minimum Background
Investigation (MBI) must be obtainable via IRS Security.
- Candidate MUST NOT have any
outstanding tax debt obligations.
- An IRS MBI is not required
before the work start date.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S.
Permanent Residence required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability