SAIC is seeking an entry level Systems Engineer for a Ground Software Acquisition System Engineering Technical Analyst (SETA) support position. This position requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph.
This position will be a part of a highly diversified team that supports Ground Intelligence acquisitions that provide cutting-edge capabilities to the intelligence community, specifically the Landmark AOS contract. LANDMARK AOS is a large SETA contract, supporting the customer’s Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for the acquisition of systems over the complete end-to-end life cycle.
This position is focused on developing the Program Management skillset, which focuses on meeting cost on schedule. This skillset will require a general understanding of acquisition management and CORE Process (ex. risk management, Configuration Management) as well as the software development processes. As the PM skillset matures, there will be other opportunities on the front end and back end of programs. For example, the PM skillset can be utilized for contract cost analysis, contract source selection up front, and program close out as programs come to an end. A SETA who focuses in program management provides overall leadership and oversight to development contractors, other Government program office personnel and Government Customers to ensure a successful software acquisition.
You will assist with:
- Ensuring the software contractor is meeting cost and schedule.
- Building a solid working relationship with the customer
- Supporting the architecting and development of System External interfaces
- Supporting the maintenance of a Risk Management Process to ensure each acquisition is proactive in understanding what could impact their development vs. being reactive in an ever changing environment
- Supporting Configuration Management (CM) Processes across multiple Ground software acquisitions for documentation, requirement baselines, software baselines, etc.
- Supporting a Mission Assurance/Quality Assurance Process to ensure the software acquisitions are developing a quality product
- Providing technical leadership to enable a successful mission
- Learning the intelligence community standards as well as the industry standards for software development and ensuring that the best practices are being followed
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelors Degree in an STEM field
- Exposure to Systems Engineering concepts
- Excellent communications skills, to be used when working with teammates, contractors, and Customers
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability