The Learning Program Manager is responsible for the successful performance to task orders and contract execution, including the cost and product delivery elements; reports to the PMO Director.
The Learning Program Manager is responsible for the operation of all day-to-day activities carried out by personnel as assigned to his/her assigned Program and related tasks.
The major areas directed are:
- Responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the assigned functional areas (i.e. ensure schedules, standards are met, etc.
- Provide specific analysis and expertise on US Navy NAVFAC processes involving Real Estate, Planning, Facility Projects, Economic Analysis, and USMC facilities management for courses delivered by the Facilities Acquisition and Management Division at the Naval School, Civil Engineer Corps Officers (CECOS) located at Port Hueneme, CA
- Coordinate with the Center for Seabees Facility Engineering (CSFE) Training Directorate (N7) and the Learning Standards Officer (LSO) or his/her designated representative for assignments in managing their respective CECOS functional areas
- Responsible for the structured coordination of planning and execution of product releases across specifically assigned cross functional teams;
- Facilitate an environment allowing the cross-functional team to deliver projects to meet established goals objectives;
- Oversee the completion of all aspects of projects; develop and adhere to master plans schedules;
- Implement a variety of tools, concepts, practices and procedures to effectively manage projects;
- Ensure deliverables meet quality standards, are consistent; and satisfy both external and internal requirements.
- Ensure programs remain on budget and communicate budget/funding concerns to internal and external leadership;
- Develop project/program proposals;
- Communicate project/program requirements to gain management support;
- Identify possible improvements in the work process for customers;
- Pursue a program of self-development through the use of selected reading, seminars or participation in continuing education;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 10+ years military experience managing people and projects;
- Extensive and thorough knowledge of the laws, precedent cases, court decisions, regulations, programs, and policies involving the Department of the Navy’s Military Construction, Special Project Construction, Economic Analysis, Facilities Planning, Real Estate, and Facilities Management programs.
- Technical knowledge and engineering management capabilities in such areas as land and facilities planning, acquisition, real estate, environmental, construction, 1391s, Master Plans, Special Planning Studies, Basic Facilities Requirements, Facility Planning Documents, and public works.
- Experience as a Division Director or above within NAVFAC Public Works Department
- Experience within Operations and Training within Naval Construction Force (NCF)
- Ability to brief presentations to high level stakeholders;
- Maintain a minimum “secret” level security clearance;
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office software;
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills;
- Tactful, discreet and displays good judgment;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and decisive; functions effectively under pressure;
- Shows initiative; independent thinker;
- Ability to evaluate problems and recommend solutions;
- Flexibility to assist wherever needed to achieve company goals.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability