Instructional Developer - CSFE
Job ID: 2012556
Location: PORT HUENEME CBC BASE, CA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2020
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Development of training products using a systematic approach, adult learning theories, learning technologies, and industry best practices for instructional design.
Major responsibilities include:
- Analyze, design, develop, produce, and provide instructional material for promulgation in a systematic manner using an approved Government authoring system and learning management system, or legacy systems.
- Select instructional media, materials, and equipment best suited to meet learning objectives.
- Plan and accomplish production of all instructional materials.
- Identify the relationship between training deficiencies and training system modification requirements.
- Write training materials, including tasks, learning objectives, format, organization, content, lesson maps, instructional strategies, methodologies, learning events and activities, test items, interface design and controls for Interactive Multi-Media products.
- Develop video and audio scripts, storyboards, graphics, and data files.
- Develop lesson plans, exercise controller guides, on-the-job training handbooks, and student materials including information sheets, diagram sheets, job sheets, assignment sheets, problem sheets, and outline sheets.
- Plan, develop, and review objectives, content, methods, resources, and procedures of evaluation in an unbiased way.
- Develop testing instruments to pretest learners' previous learning levels; measure cognitive/psychomotor/affective domains and performance accomplishments during formative and summative evaluations; test achievement at the end of a course of instruction.
- Develop testing plans, test administrator's guide, test question spreadsheets (typically Excel formats) for import to CeTARS, and a cross reference list of test items and related learning objectives.
- Assist in formative and summative evaluations and in applying the findings for improving training and instruction, ensuring all instructional Metadata is implemented
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education/Psychology/Instructional System Design is preferred or similar technical degree;
- 3+ years’ experience (5+ years’ experience without a degree);
- Maintain minimum “Secret” level security clearance;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software;
- Written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to read, interpret, organize, and synthesize source material into well-written, concise learning products;
- Proficient with the Authoring Instructional Material (AIM) II;
- Ability to apply Integrated Learning Environment (ILE), ILT and IMI principles and guidelines for the design and development of training products;
- Experience in the learning theories such as: ISD-Instructional System Design (ADDIE or similar), Andragogy-Learning strategies focused on adults, Bloom’s Taxonomy-Classification of learning objectives within education, Gagne’s Nine Events of Instruction-An instructional design model put together by Robert Gagne, Collaborative Constructivist Learning-Sociological theory of knowledge that applies the general philosophical constructionism into social settings, Problem-based Learning-Student centered pedagogy in which students learn about a subject in the context of complex, multifaceted, and realistic problems, Cognitive Theory of Multimedia Learning-Encompasses several principles of learning with multimedia, Discovery Learning-Participant will gather Data and make determinations based on case study information.
- Experience/background in Underwater Construction Team (UCT), Naval Construction Force (NCF) senior enlisted or Civil Engineering Corps Officer, or NAVFAC Facilities Engineering/Planning.
- Ability to learn and establish a working knowledge of military terminology.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability