SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our MSEIT (MILSATCOM Systems Engineering, Integration and Test) team in El Segundo, CA.
Our customer is developing a new, state-of-the-art suite of enterprise level applications built using the latest containerized and server-less approaches on top of a cutting edge Kubernetes based platform and data as a service foundation. This approach is a fundamental shift in the way the DoD develops software capabilities and our customer seeks to utilize the most recent and innovative industry best practices while providing a “startup-like” environment to enable innovative and rapid capability delivery to the warfighter.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will advise the Government program manager and oversee multiple software development contractors using your experience and leveraging the best practices and mindsets from leading industry use cases. This job requires an experienced DevSecOps software engineer who is highly skilled in Agile approaches to software development, multi-team CI/CD pipeline best practices in a highly secure environments and creative application of leading software patterns at scale and complexity. We are seeking an engineer who is customer and end-user driven to rapidly develop capabilities that provide immediate and lasting value and who can translate mission needs to technical solutions across a wide range of end users and mission operators.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience and a Bachelor's degree in a technical or related field (additional experience can substitute for degree)
- Advanced object oriented software development as part of an Agile based dev team
- Experience developing complex enterprise level applications in a parallel, multi-dev team environment
- CI/CD Pipeline Development
- Automated Testing and Test Driven Development
- REST API and Database Design
- Reactive Pub/Sub Architectures
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI is required to be considered for this position
- Java Spring, C#, Objective C, Go, Python, Unreal Engine or Unity (must have experience in at least one)
- Containerized Application Development
- Kubernetes Container Orchestration
- ATO and CTF process and requirements for secure DoD software deployment
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability