Job ID: 2012623
Location: MACDILL AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Jul 30, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Site Support
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
The Enterprise Desktop Support Technician shall provide support for day-to-day operations for USCENTCOM located at MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL. The ideal candidate will provide 24 / 7 computer technical support to maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and restore computer and information systems to an operational status, to include personal computers, thin/zero clients, laptops, and peripherals. This is a deployable position, with travel both CONUS and OCONUS; as such, possession and maintenance of a current U.S. passport is required. The ultimate goal is to ensure data, voice, video, and communication requirements are correctly provisioned and operational to support assured communication between warfighters and Senior Defense Officials, Commander USCENTCOM and U.S. Ambassadors.
· Under minimal supervision provide front line support to end users to include interacting with network services, software systems engineering and asset management to restore service and/or identify core problems.
· Provides on-site technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of workstations and related software/hardware.
· Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and applies domain specific knowledge to return equipment to operational status within agreed upon Service Level Agreement parameters.
· Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups and customers in order to manage work flow in timely and professional manner.
· Responsible for removal and proper disposal of old equipment and data deemed Classified.
· Operational requirements dictate 24/7 manning; shift work will cover nights and weekends.
· Responsible for documenting, upgrading and replacing hardware and software systems.
· Supports and maintains user account information including administration rights, security and system groups.
· Responsible for implementing fixes and patches through various means such as registry edits, patch installation, Active Directory Security Policy configuration and various application testing.
· Install, troubleshoot, repair, operate, and maintain computers, workstations, laptops, thin clients, printers, scanners, and any other equipment within the scope of this task.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability