SAIC is seeking a
Senior Executive Assistant to provide executive level management and analytical
support to senior DoD officials within the Office of the Under Secretary of
Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)). This is an exciting
position that requires close interaction with top department leadership within
the Pentagon and across the Department of Defense (DoD), including Components,
industry partners, academia, international partners, and associations to
achieve mission goals and outcomes. Specifically, the Senior Executive
Assistant helps our customers solve complex problems; manage project
communications, meetings, schedules, risk, policy compliance, and workflow;
plan and track travel, budgets, and reporting; and increase workforce
productivity through process improvement.
Job duties include:
- Gather information; articulate, analyze, and solve
problems; visualize and present information; and provide decision support
to achieve mission outcomes.
- Create/manage communications for the enterprise, group,
and individuals including meeting agendas, briefings, and action items.
- Develop weekly reports on significant activities,
report on the effectiveness of events and processes.
- Track and analyze office workflow tasks using the
Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS); review volumes of data
to identify trends.
- Develop weekly staff meeting slides including
understanding of the context of the most important priorities.
- Manage executive schedules, coordinate visit requests,
- Manage senior-level executive correspondence within OSD
and across the DoD.
- Organize and facilitate internal and external
communications on a wide array of subjects including internal and external
tasks, program reviews, congressional events, invitations, and speaking
- Assist government personnel
with domestic and international travel to accomplish mission requirements
efficiently using the Defense Travel System (DTS) in compliance with the Joint
Travel Regulations (JTR)
- Requires a minimum of a current Secret security
clearance. The desired security clearance level is Top Secret with the
ability to receive and maintain TS/SCI.
- Bachelor’s degree with ten (10) years of relevant
experience.However, 14 (fourteen) years of experience may be substituted in lieu of
specific educational requirements.
- Strong leadership, problem identification/resolution
skills, flexibility, initiative, and a proven ability to work with Senior
Executives efficiently and effectively (to include experience interfacing/communicating
with Senior Executive leadership in both government and industry).
- Experience writing white papers, briefings,
correspondence, and reports.
- Expert with Defense Travel Service (DTS) and data
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint) and databases.
- Excellent organizational and teambuilding skills, good
- Strong understanding and experience with Correspondence
and Task Management System (CATMS).
- Background in National
Archives and Records Administration (NARA) requirements
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability